The truth about public education

Learn the truth right now
Edgar Summer

The truth about public education

Post by Edgar Summer »

If parents really knew what the ONLY purpose of public education truly is, most parents would realize that they do not hate their children enough to allow them to attend.

https://ia801609.us.archive.org/16/item ... %20Web.pdf

Alexander James Inglis (Assistant professor of education Harvard 1919-1924) published a in 1918 called "Principles of Secondary Education." In that book he explains the functions of school. I added them to my research journal. The bold is a description of each by John Gatto. I added the rest. I think it is relevant to this discussion. I added images of the appropriate pages in my journal but James really drones on so I'll spare you. If you really want to read the text go to page 292-302 in my research journal here. You can download my entire book for free as well ;) It shows the haunted house of public ed for what it really is. https://ia801609.us.archive.org/16/item ... %20Web.pdf

The Six Important Functions of Secondary Education
1. The Adjustive or Adaption Function: Establishment of fixed habits of reaction to authority. The role of the schools is to establish fixed habits of reaction to authority. This, of course, precludes critical judgment completely. It also pretty much destroys the idea that useful or interesting material should be taught, because you can’t test for reflexive obedience until you know whether you can make children learn, and do foolish and unnatural things.

2. The Integrating or Conformity Function: Develop like-mindedness and unity in thought and habit. This should well be called “the conformity function,” because it intends to make children as alike as possible, the hive mind. People who conform are predictable and follow the herd, this is of great use to those who wish to harness and manipulate a large labor force. Imagine the reaction to Covid without public school conditioning the masses to react the way they did.

3. The Differentiating Function: Divide and conquer strategy to immobilize in social structure. Once their social role has been “diagnosed,” children are to be sorted by role and trained only so far as their destination in the social machine merits – teach them not one step further.

4. The Propaedeutic Function: Grooming of those in higher classes to manage the lower classes. The societal system implied by these rules will require an elite group of caretakers. To that end, a small fraction of the children will be taught how to manage and to watch over and control a population deliberately dumbed down, unable to critically think or reason, so that government authority is unchallenged and corporations might never want for obedient labor.

5. The Selective Function: Preservation of the favored races. (Darwin) This refers not to human choice at all but to Darwin’s theory of natural selection as applied to what he called “the favored races.” In short, the idea is to help things along by consciously attempting to improve the breeding stock. Schools are meant to tag the unfit – with poor grades, remedial placement, and other punishments – clearly enough that their peers will accept them as inferior and effectively bar them from the reproductive sweepstakes. That’s what all those little humiliations from year seven onward were intended to do: wash the dirt down the drain.

6. The Diagnostic and Directive Function: Label children to mark them in the class structure. School is meant to determine each student’s proper social role. This is done by logging evidence mathematically and anecdotally on cumulative records. As in “your permanent record”. Yes, we all have one.

Here is the video:
https://gregreese.substack.com/p/the-2- ... he-dumbing