The One Thousand Year Millennial Kingdom is a False Teaching

The Wicker Man

The One Thousand Year Millennial Kingdom is a False Teaching

Post by The Wicker Man »

DANIEL
2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Once God sets up his kingdom on the new earth it is forever. God even anticipated the millennial lie by saying that it will not be left to other people.

While in Latin millennium does mean a thousand years the Greek word which can mean a thousand years also can mean a very long indeterminate amount of time. The second meaning is the correct one.

REVELATION
20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Wow what a sentence that is. The problem is that Greek does not have a sentence structure like in English. In this case the English sentence structure hides the truth.

"And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them"

At the end of the world these people were the wheat gathered to the Fathers house, New Jerusalem.

"and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands;"

These are the souls under the altar. They ask, "How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth". This is during the 5th seal. They are not ruling. They are dead. This can't be the time of a millennial kingdom on earth because Satan is ruling on earth.

"and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years."

Like I said the dead souls are not reigning. They're dead. This last is about the ones on the thrones. They live and reign with Christ for a very long indeterminate amount of time. Let's keep going.

"But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished."

Now we are back to the souls under the altar. They do not get their second resurrection until their number is complete and they receive their new white robes.

"This is the first resurrection."

The ones on thrones and the souls under the altar before they had there heads cut off were all part of the first resurrection.

"Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years."

Since the dead do not reign because they are dead this is talking about only those on the thrones. The second death has no power on them because because they are saved and once saved always saved. They will not die a second time. The second death will not have power over the souls under the altar even though they did die the second death because they will be resurrected a second time. Those that take the mark of the beast the second death has power over them because they will not be resurrected a second time.

There will be no 1,000 year kingdom on earth. That is a false teaching.